Tuesday 12 August 2008

On the first day...

And so I'm back at "work" after three months of sabbatical. It's a fairly surreal experience, since in many ways nothing has changed. I get up in the same house, go down stairs and get on with things, but I'm now less free to decide what I do... This may take a while to get used to...
Having dealt with most of my emails last night I was free for other activities today. I spent the morning with the Watling Valley Team at their weekly Team Space - which was at the McIntyre tea rooms today. It was good to catch up a bit and get a feel for what has been going on while I've been away. In the afternoon I spent most of my time constructing a new to-do list: working out what jobs I need to get on with, and what meetings I need to arrange. There were also a few phone calls - largely to achieve the same thing.
And so it all begins again. The sabbatical was good and I'm now looking forward to the next one. How many years was it again?...

No comments: