Thursday 13 December 2007

Coffee, Carols and Christmas

Coffee with Greatgrandma
Went in to town first thing this morning. Bought stamps for cards - I intend to send cards to clergy in the Deanery this year. My parents had popped down from Nottingham and had brought Greatgrandma (my nan) into town, so we all had coffee in Costa.

Kilkenny Carols
This morning was also the (now traditional) Kilkenny Carol Service, with Isla on keyboard, Linda on the organ and Colin on the recorder... (and me on guitar) - This year we had a Christams poem on the data projector that we all said together...
I have been doing a monthly service at Kilkenny since 2003. It's been a really super project whcich has had some ups and downs, but is really appreciated by the residents. It would be great to get more of our people involved... My ambitions for work with older people have never quite got off the ground in Watling Valley. The potential is enormous, and there's so much we could do, but it needs a bit of a push...
My link with Kilkenny House began almost by accident, but it has developed over the years. The high point was when they presented me with a copy of their new residents guide...

Coffee Plus Christmas Lunch
I managed to get back to All Saints (a bit late) for the Coffee Plus Christmas Lunch. Coffee plus is a wonderful little group that has become really significant over the years. It has become a partnership group with members from Servant King, All Saints', St Mary's and Holy Cross. About a dozen people had lunch today. Ricahrd and I both managed to get along.
I had some feedback about the Christingle project. It all seems to ne going extremely well...

No comments: