Sunday 16 December 2007

To blog or not to blog?

I have kept blogs in the past - largely for my own benefit. During 2006 I kept one up for a number of months, largley as a record of running times, but with some occassional reflections thrown in...
I set this one up in June with a view to recording what I'm doing as a minister in Milton Keynes. It struck me it might be useful to keep a record of what I do so that the various people I work with get some idea of what I get up to these days - life being a bit more complicated than it used to be...
Adding photos has been an interesting thing to do. I tell people I'm doing it for the blog - and they go and have look... A picture tells a thousand words...
This blog is therefore serving a number of purposes:
1. It gives me a chance to record my thoughts when I have a spare five minutes... this is good for my own mental processing...
2. It's a public record of what I'm getting up to - which must be a good thing in a mutually accountable church... I feel much better knowing that other people know what I'm doing...
3. It's a way of communicating with people in the churches that doesn't require physical presence on a Sunday morning - which isn't always possible...
At the moment it doesn't feel like a waste of time, so I'll probably keep it up...

No comments: