Wednesday 12 December 2007

Planning Day

Today was a planning day - which I really needed.
I managed to go for a run after dropping the girls off at school. Ran round the wood on icy paths - not fast - and got back home by 9:15 ready to go (after a quick shower of course). I managed to finish off my work on the Kilkenny Carol Service, this Sunday coming and Christmas Day - plus a few other letters that needed writing - all before 10:30am.
Then it was off to Bletchley for another planning session with Veronica and Margaret. We finished planning hymns for March - Mothering Sunday proved to be a real pain - and then looked at Music for Compline during Holy Week. We think we've got some good psalms and a good Nunc, but we're probably going to ask for responses to be said...
Today was MOT on the C5 - passed - Alleluia!
More desk work in the afternoon, before it was time to go out to the Christ the Sower Nativity Play: "It's a Baby!" Always fun. Izzy sang with her mouth wide open - what a star!
We got home at half past seven and spent the rest of the evening working on our holiday dates for 2008. Ironically, we have both been asked to submit them today. Isla's hoiday dates are calculated on a complicated hourly system - I realise on closer inspection that I haven't been claiming enough holiday in the past - must remedy this! We managed to work through some dates, so at least we know when we can sleep...
Speaking of which, yet again there was no late evening meeting so I got to bed at a reasonable time - another Alleluia! If I keep this up I may begin to feel more human one day...

No comments: