Tuesday 27 January 2009

Long trip to Oxford....

I had to go to Oxford today for a Fresh Expressions meeting. It took two hours to get there which meant that I was forty-five minutes late! My frustration was somewhat worsened by my satnav which told me happily (at the start of the journey) that my ETA would be 9:40am - which was a little early for a 10:00am meeting but it seemed reasonable given the possibility of hold-ups near Oxford.

I got to Bicester and stopped - not quite dead but pretty much. For the next forty-five minutes I watched the back of the lorry in front as we edged painfully towards the M40 juction. My satnav occasionally deleted another 100 yards from the target distance and added another couple of minutes to the ETA. Meanwhile my petrol gage hovered just above empty - fun...

I got back home in less than an hour - in time to see Nigel and talk about his first sermon...

And that was the day...

No comments: