Tuesday 7 October 2008

Sainsburys

Sainsburys

I had a few minutes to spare between dropping off the kids and my first meeting this morning so I decided to pop into town for the grand opening of the new Sainsburys store.

Unfortunately I missed the opening ceremony by minutes but I'm told the ribbon was cut by a woman who has worked for Sainsburys (in MK?) for 35 years. I don't think the current store was open 35 years ago, so maybe she worked in Bletchley when I was little...

Although I missed the opening, I did get to see Paul Samme from All Saints' Loughton make the first sale in the electricals department. There was much excitement about this and Paul politely escourted the lady from the store - service with a smile!

It's a huge store and a bold move. I wish them all well and hope this new shop will be a real community hub in the expanding centre of Milton Keynes.

No comments: