Tuesday 20 May 2008

New ways of being gym

Went to the gym today and tried to change my work out. I was brave and experimented with some of the strange torture machines with weights attached - I think I remembered my induction training...
I was aware today that I'm comparing myself with those around me. It intrigues me that I seem to have this inbuilt need to compete or lead - is it not possible to merely belong? As usual with such experiments, I'm learning more about myself and about church than I am about other people...
I've spent most of the day working on the question of priesthood. This has been a big theme of my discussions with others over the past year, since it has an impact not only on the ordained ministry but on a useful theology of lay/shared ministry. I've been trying today to put some thoughts down on paper, but struggling to do it concisely. After a few hours of concentration I need a break but may go back to it later...

No comments: