Tuesday 6 May 2008

Getting Fresh

This is the first proper day of my "study leave" but was fairly familiar.
I started the day with a three mile run, then tackled the emails piling up in my computer. I had a long conversation on the phone with Mary Coates about churches, and then attended a meeting in Oxford.
Although this sounds like an ordinary working day, there were some important differences:
1. I had time to get to Oxford in plenty of time, so was able to raid a useful library. I came away with four interesting books which will be very helpful...
2. The meeting was the Fresh Expressions Oversight Group (technically part of my sabbatical programme). We discussed a rather useful list of questions to be considered when looking at Pioneer Ministry  - not "guidelines" as such, but ways of making sure that those involved connect with the right people and groups. I thought this was a very useful meeting and could become really significant for future conversations in MK and beyond...
3. When I got home at half past five I didn't have to do any more work! Alleluia! I have forgotten the joy of evenings. I mowed the grass, watched and episode of Monk and went to bed. Very nice.

No comments: