Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentines Day Part Two

We had our Valentines night meal (cooked and eaten in half an hour) in time for me to get to Fenny Stratford for a meeting with their PCC. Got there in time for the last ten minutes of Benediction - haven't been to Benediction in 16 years since we used to go the St Margarets on the Gallowgate in Aberdeen (sometimes known as "the Church of the Big Golden Jesus"). The meeting was about Parish Share and was hopefully useful. We tried to be encouraging. It is difficult to pay a parish share if you're a small church in a less prosperous area. I suspect the long term solution to this problem is a change in the way we do church...
I'm now working on this months edition of Voices. I have more material than pages and I need to finish it by tomorrow. If you're reading this, wish me luck...

No comments: