Wednesday 27 February 2008

Open for Business

Went to the Quarries Scout Camp again today to try to buy a Cub Uniform. Once again found it shut, although we had been assured it was open on a Wednesday afternoon. I finally found a small notice hidden behind a steel grid, which I could just about read, which informed me it was open between 6 and 8 pm. So a third trip will be neccessary...
Isla commented that this is similar to the experience of people trying to go to church and struggling to work out when and where to go. Those who know the secrets know exactly what to. But if you're not "in" you can find it very difficult...

I went back to the shop at 6:30pm and managed to feel even more lost. It wasn't obvious which door to push to get in and when I did get in I didn't know what I needed and found it difficult to ask. The size of the uniform was marked by chest measurement, but I had height. I was lucky enough to come away with a uniform that fitted, but it was an interesting exprience. I have to agree with Isla; it was just like going to church - I feel as deskilled as the average church visitor...

Also today - LSM Project Group, Lunch with Alison Baird and a meeting with someone about the Common Purpose course...
This evening - CtS Governors

No comments: