Tuesday 10 March 2009

Wednesday

I'm conscious that I'm not blogging as much as I have done - or as creatively. The reason for this is probably similar to the reason I often send emails out at 4:00am in the morning....

Life is somewhat chaotic at the moment and I seem to be swamped in "jobs". My desk is out of control and my "to do" list is getting longer... So much for Lent as a time of reflection and giving things up...

Today was a classic of useful business - Team Space this morning, followed by Ministers West followed by Deanery Chapter - all good and worthwhile gatherings leaving me a couple of hours to catch up on jobs (while I should be spending time with the kids) before my evening session with three prospective worship leaders at St Mary's Shenley.

One of the jobs I had to do was update the questions and readings on the on-line Lent Group I'm trying to co-ordinate. I'm conscious that I want this to be a spiritual experience and yet I'm not in a particularly spiritual frame of mind as I approach it - what a wonderful example I set!

Bishop John recently laid down a challenge for clergy to work forty hours a week - plus a further ten hours equivalent to the average time given by church members. While I think this is a good idea in principal, I'm really not sure how to make it happen.

Anyway - appologies for the blogfast and back to work...

No comments: