Tuesday 3 March 2009

Tuesday - Parent Forums?

9:00am Team Space
10:30am Deanery Leadership Team
1:00pm Preaching Training with Nigel
7:30pm Mission Partnership Assembly

I'm part of a small group looking at parent forums and parent councils at the moment. I'm fascinated by some of the research that I've read today - particularly through Human Scale Education. One of the key issues seems to be the added value that parental involvement can bring. There has been a certain amount of research into the benefit of parents supporting their children's learning but HSE suggest, and I suspect they are correct, that the involvement of parent in decision making should also have a measurable impact on educational standards - unfortunately there's been very little research into this yet. There is a school in Luton which has done some work on this area - I think a visit may be called for...

In the meantime, if anyone knows any relevant research, please let me know.

No comments: