Saturday 28 February 2009

A Day of Firsts

Saturday 29th
Today was a busy day. I worked at my desk in the morning, in another vain effort to clear my in tray...

At noon I popped across to St Mary's Shenley where I watched Liz Baker take her first wedding. She did very well and managed to appear calm, relaxed and there for the couple - which is most of the work really...

It was useful to be there, simply to observe, but also to double check the legal bits... and I can confirm that her first wedding was fully legal - so that's the rest of the job done...

Well done Liz!

I popped home for a bite of lunch before heading off to Woughton for the Licensing of Cathi Williams. It was one of those events at which, having spent several hours negotiating, rearranging furniture and keeping people in touch with each other - there's not much for me to do on the day - which is the way it should be.

Archdeacon Karen preached a very appropriate sermon and Bishop Alan licensed her. Woughton now have a very capable new Team Vicar!

It was good to celebrate with Cathi. Best wishes to her, Howard and Seren - and all the people of Woughton as they begin a new phase of their journey!

...and so it was home again before my long night session behind my desk... got a few jobs done including the write-up of the Deanery Stratgey Meeting... and finally to sleep...

No comments: