Monday 29 September 2008

Monday

Have a cold, so didn't run today.
Spent a productive morning sending emails - yawn...
Had lunch with Ernesto.
Bought a new watch.
Took a funeral.
Went to High Wycombe...

I needed to buy a new watch because my latest (cheap) market watch beeps every hour and drives Isla mad! It must die! It's also rubbish.

I used some birthday money to buy a watch from an actual shop. I was torn between one that records multiple lap times (ideal for running) and one that receives an acurate time signal from a transmitter in Rugby (ideal for services and meetings - work in other words). The sports watch was too fiddly and wouldn't have been practical on the move, so I opted for the work model - so at least I will now know if services really start on time - or meetings go on too long!

I had one of these watches before and got quite addicted to knowing the exact time down to the closest millisecond. In a funny kind of way it makes you feel in control, although, of course, you're simply going along with what the Rugby transmitter claims the correct time to be...

If I was the kind of person who likes to make create sermons out of cans of peaches(!) this would be an opportunity to create a Gospel message about God as your spiritual Rugby. You need to keep tuning in on a regular basis and keep yourself on step with him... but since I don't go in for that sort of thing, you've nicely avoided a sermon...

No comments: