Sunday 1 June 2008

Great Horwood

Today we decided to go on a trip down memory lane, visiting Great Horwood, where I lived from 1976 to 1983. Mary Saunders (who must have overlapped with us slightly) did spot me - but she works for the Diocese. A couple of people remembered our family, although many of the people in the congregation seemed to be relatively new. The Norwoods are not entirely forgotten - which seems strange to me. It was odd to go back to a place I once knew so well.
In the Church I particularly remember the backs of the pillars, and the sides of the pews, which probably reflects the parts of the building I spent most time staring at during services. We went for a wander around outside and they still have the old oil tank that we used to hide behind. Either it's shrunk or I've grown - I couldn't hide behind it now....

No comments: