Thursday 19 June 2008

Common Purpose

Today I took part in a Common Purpose course in Milton Keynes. Common Purpose is an initiative to provide community "leaders" with an opportunity to learn more about their community and network with others. It was a fascinating course to be part of and I did learn more about the city - although I've been here for 8 years.
Under the rules of the game, I have to be careful what I say about who said what, but I was struck by the continuing visionary and entrepreneurial nature of MK enthusiasts which I found encouraging and inspiring. We do have an interesting problem with the 19+ age group and the "brain drain". I am now a believer in the idea of an MK University. I'm also reflecting on the formula:

basic skills + emotional intelligence + creativity = future workforce skills

An interesting day which will undoubtedly lead to more...

No comments: