Monday 7 January 2008

Monday

Isla at work all day, but the kids are still at home. I have a lot to do, so I'm going to try to keep them entertained while I work....

Morning
Worked on the Team Meeting Agenda for Wednesday. This takes quite some time because I need to go through old agendas, minutes and emails; update the information and sharing items; think about what people need to have and attempt to construct an achievable agenda. This month I've set up a Google Group which may provide a tool for managing all of this - and sharing the load. This didn't take much extra time this month, but should simply things next month.
Mary Cotes rang at 12 and we had a long conversation...

Afternoon
In an attempt to do two things at once, I took the kids to activity land with a pile of papers in my hand. My hope was to work throught the Scripture Union sessions I'm suposed to write this week. It was not easy to find any free space, but I managed to find a seat on the edge of a half abandoned, rubbish strewn table, where I managed to do some thinking about the story of Peter and how we can learn from it... The young people, however, soon got tired and wanted to go home...

Evening
Standing Committee for Watling Valley. Isla out.
Took me a while to get to sleep afterwards. Always so much to think about...

No comments: