Tuesday 29 January 2008

The business of the Church

Today I attended a meeting of Team Space, a meeting to discuss plans for Area 10 and 11, the Ecumenical Pastoral Committee and the Watling Valley Ecumenical Council. These were all meetings at which a huge variety of things were discussed. Here are just a few subjects:
  • Expenses for ministers - in particular NSMs and ministers in training...
  • What resources do we need for mission in the new areas?
  • What is going to happen at the Covenant Service? (smoke and mirrors by the sound of it...)
  • Ecumenical Confirmations - particularly the date of...
  • Review of ministers in LEPs...
  • The appointment of a student Youth Worker in Watling Valley...
and much more that I couldn't (or shouldn't) mention. No one could acuse us of being inactive, but I am also beginning to feel that this activity is achieving something. Sometimes I feel that we (I?) have spent the past eight years on crisis managemant, trying to get us out of a hole - preferably before the hole appears. I am increaingly hopeful that good things are beginning to happen and some of the seeds are beginning to sprout.

No comments: