Saturday 26 April 2008

The Birthday of the Watling Valley

Emails were in circulation this morning about our Joint Council. It's one of those issues that has been circulating for a while so I decided (on my last full day as Team Leader) to sort it out. So off I trotted to Holy Cross where I descovered the Sharing Agreement, which tells me who should be on a Joint Council - job done. All I need to do now is twist some arms and we'll have one by tomorrow evening.
While I was delving into the files I found a copy of the Service of Inauguration for the Watling Valley Ecumenical Partnership. I now know that the Watling Valley began on Sunday 21st April 1985 at 10:30am at St Mary's in Shenley Church End. I also have a copy of the words used by our people to declare their unity. This means that the 25th anniversary of the Watling Valley will be in April 2010. We are officially 23.

No comments: