Saturday 4 July 2009

Tim Clapton

Note from Tim Clapton:

The Development Chaplain and the Future

Contract End - October 2010

There are now only 18 months left of my contract so we need to start considering priorities for these final months and what will happen once we reach October 2010. What is important is that we consider carefully possible funding after October 2010 and what that person will do.

We will need to make a strong argument for another post and such future work must respond to our local mission aspirations. So it is important that I spend time in the next four months researching the needs and aspirations of the local church and putting together a solid proposal and budget for a future post. All this work will need to be completed by February 2010. Beginning in August I will be visiting most of the clergy and key lay people in the urban area of Milton Keynes and finding ways also to listen to other Christians in MK. From this research I will bring a set of proposals to the various committees in Mission Partnership and individual denominations in Milton Keynes. After considerable discussion a firm proposal will be submitted to the Milton Keynes Anglican Deanery Pastoral Committee and Diocese.

Tim is 'Moving Forward'

For some time now I have been considering how I might explore some work/ministry options and do some study etc and yet also continue my work here in Milton Keynes until the end of my contract in October 2010. This has now taken some shape and I/we can make 'an announcement' . In July I will be moving to London to pursue some interests and opportunities which have yet to be agreed fully so I cannot make an announcement about that at the moment. But it has been agreed that I will continue the Development Chaplaincy role half time. From August 1st I will be present in Milton Keynes each Monday morning until late on Tuesday night and be available on the phone and email at other times. I will continue the work here conducting the research which will lead to a strong proposal for the work beyond October 2010. It has also been agreed that I help resource local churches in what is being increasingly called "Community Mission". More of that later.

For now Dear Reader it is with excitement that I write to you and I hope you will join me in prayer for this new kind of living. Although I will be leaving Milton Keynes, (and I will miss you and the town badly), - this is an exciting venture for me. You can be assured of my continued commitment to the churches here in MK and our ministry together. I will be needing a few weeks in July to move house and sort out the arrangements in London so I may not be around from the middle of the month.

If you know of anyone who would like to rent a three bedroom Victorian terraced house, good order, in a great location for the train station and at a reasonable monthly rent - they may contact me ! (how about that for a shameless piece of advertising ? )

No comments: