Sunday 5 July 2009

Sunday

8:00am and 9:30am in Wolverton, 11:00am Patronal Festival in Shenley, 2:00pm Baptism in Loughton... busy day...

I was struck this morning by the rich themes that could be drawn out of the readings, particularly the Gospel reading which told the story of Jesus' visit to Nazareth and the sending out of the twelve, coupled as it were with the selection of David as King by the elders of Israel and Paul's 'confession' about the thorn in his side.

I could really have done with a longer slot if I were going to explore some of the interesting aspects of ministry that these readings suggested. In each case I had enough time for a 'sound bite' - which I'm sure was right, but I could have spoken for thirty minutes rather than three times for ten... Where do we find the space in this kind of programme for deeper thought?...

No comments: