Wednesday 24 December 2008

The Scratch Band

For the first time in five years I didn't do the 2:30am service at All Saints' Loughton. It seemed strange not to be constructing a giant advent calendar, crackers or snakes and ladders game. There was no visit from Father Christmas and no opportunity to get a whole congregation to dress up... This was the end of an era... or error depending on your point of view...

This was not the end of the 2:30 service however and Liz Baker produced a great service which told the Christmas story.

So rather than attempt to upstage myself with another OTT visual aid I joined the scratch band. For most of the songs I played bass but hammered out some power chords for "See him lying on a bed of straw" - which Isla thought improved the song...

1 comment:

Peter Leeson said...

I think a 2.30am service is ridiculous in any case!