Sunday 4 June 2006

Pentcost 2006
It has been a good, but very busy day. We returned from Iona at 10:00pm last night after the Greenbelt pilgrimage on Iona - which was a good experience, but very challenging.

I was preaching at the joint Pentecost service at St Mary's. The church was packed and I spoke about the church as a community. I compared our (occasional) bad behaviour to that of elephant seals competing for space on a beach. The sermon finished with the suggestion that people might like to join the Generous campaiign. Lots of comments afterwards, so it must have hit a spot...

After a quick bowl of soup, it was out again. Two children blessed at All Saints (Need to produce a new service book for this) followed immediately by Wedding Prep, quick trip to St Lawrence to talk about reordering, kids in bed, then out to my focus group. We discussed the work I enjoy and the work I don't enjoy and agreed that we would all keep a record of the jobs we do over the next month, recording whether they are urgent-non urgent, important - not important, and whether we enjoy them or not...

No comments: