Tune: Amazing Grace CM
1. In you, O Lord, I put my trust.
O let me not know shame.
Deliver me in righteousness,
as I call on your name.
2. Give grace to me, for I am lost
in grief I cannot see,
my very being wastes away;
strength fails in misery.
3. To those who hate me, I am scorn;
a horror to my friends;
they flee from me in fearful dread
until my suff’ring ends.
4. I fade away like one who dies
as terrors round me stand.
But though I hear their whispered plots,
my life is in God’s hand.
5. From persecution, hate and fear,
O Lord, deliver me.
And let your face upon me shine
with me your love shall be.
To Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
the God whom we adore,
be glory, as it was, and is,
and shall be evermore.
(c) Tim Norwood. This text can be reproduced without charge but may not be printed comercially without the permission of the author.